|El Mató A Un Policía Motorizado / La Sintesis O'konor|
|Add Date:||2017-06-21|| ||Pull Date:||2017-08-23|| |
|Week Ending:||20 Aug||13 Aug||6 Aug||30 Jul||23 Jul||16 Jul||9 Jul||2 Jul|
La Síntesis O'Konor is the third album by La Plata, Argentina’s El Mató a un Policía Motorizado. Practitioners of a guitar pop both jangly and dreamy, Los Policía Motorizado have crafted their most ambitious and refined record to date with La Síntesis O'Konor. Bassist, lyricist, and vocalist Santiago Motorizado, aside from singing better that ever, keeps writing unforgettable songs about the perils of 21st century existence. On my list of best of 2017. |
RIYL: Real Estate, Los Planetas, Beach Fossils, Las Ligas Menores and Hawaiian Gremlins.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10
1. (4:34) ***El Tesoro – Stunning guitar-driven, medium tempo recording. The last minute is just masterful. One of my favorite songs of the year.
2. (2:42) **Ahora Imagino Cosas – Upbeat tempo, catchy guitar riff, brief, and haunting. Classic Policía Motorizado sound.
3. (5:31) ***La Noche Eterna – Slow tempo triumph. Quiet, melancholic and eternal. My second favorite track on La Síntesis O'Konor.
4. (2:20) Alguien Que Lo Merece – Another inspired slow recording. Tender piece.
5. (3:55) *Las Luces – Medium-up tempo track with synths and guitars travelling in the same direction. Intense pop.
6. (2:58) ***La Sintesis O'Konor –Splendid upbeat instrumental with beautiful guitar work. Rock on.
7. (5:49) Destruccion – Medium-up tempo recording with great guitar riff and vocal melody. Works for me.
8. (1:26) Excalibur – Brief acoustic track. Minimal and sorrowful.
9. (4:03) **El Mundo Extraño – Guitar-driven, medium tempo recording with a mid-1990s alternative rock vibe everywhere. Memorable.
10. (5:12) **Fuego – Synth-driven composition with great vocals and 1980s synth rock in mind – Think The Cars. Simply beautiful.