|Add Date:||2017-07-20|| ||Pull Date:||2017-09-21|| ||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Loud|
|Week Ending:||6 Aug|
Debut LP on DKA from Brisbane twins Sean & Chris Campion. They call it BURNING CHROME, CROSS CONTINENTAL HI-NRG, FIRM HANDSHAKE ELECTRONIC BODY MUSIC. Pounding industrial beats, huge menacing synths, deadpan vox all get twisted and electrified in a tight, intoxicating atmosphere. Excellent!|
Related: Total Control, Buzz Kull, Skinny Puppy, Blanck Mass
Favorites: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7
1. (4:06) ** Slow Code—Slowly building, clanging industrial jam. One of my favorite tracks of 2017!
2. (4:48) ** Power Fantasy—Bit more sardonic with the vox. Less brutal, more dreamlike aquatic (still w/ pretty intense beats though)
3. (4:05) ** Luxury Boys—80s synthpop goes industrial. Prominent, humorous spoken vox.
4. (5:21) * Perfect Skin—More post-punk but with some cool buzzing synth action and a dance beat. Total Control poured in gasoline.
5. (3:31) Negative Space—Ominous ambient doom.
6. (6:46) * Hotter Than Hell—Slowed-down, sort of subdued glam. Great bass.
7. (5:04) * Ideal Self—Weird choppy Blanck Mass kind of vox & some rapping over sharp industrial beats.
8. (5:49) New Metal—Bright, hopeful new beat.