|Add Date:||2017-07-20|| ||Pull Date:||2017-09-21|| |
|Week Ending:||13 Aug||6 Aug|
Ambient pop solo project of Natalie Chami of Ontario, who also plays in a number of experimental groups. Here she uses loops of analog synth, voice, and choral harmonies to make hazy, hypnotizing ambient soundscapes that veer on catchy. Highly recommended!|
Related: Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, Sarah Davachi, new Laurel Halo on A-file, Julia Holter
Favorites: 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12
1. (3:38) ** I Saw the Way—Dreamy swirling voice, synths.
2. (5:47) Grace—Slow, languid, hazy drones and voice.
3. (3:13) Disgrace—Buzzy synth, slow disjunct beats. Indistinct breathy voice.
4. (2:49) ** See Through—Calm, misty ambient pop. Natural synth sounds. Super Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith.
5. (3:14) I Can’t Sleep—Slow, stark arrangement, mostly just raw echoing voice and eerie drones/keys/horns. Reminds me of Julia Holter’s early recordings.
6. (3:14) * 11:11—Soaring, operatic voice and foggy noise.
7. (3:41) Home—Pensive synths, slow hazy altered voice. “Where is home”
8. (4:08) * Crossing Lines—Drifting infinite loops of synth, voice. Gets into an aquatic synth pattern about midway.
9. (3:12) * You’re Trying to Drive—Insistent looped synth, ascending noise, vocal loops.
10. (4:38) ** My Side My Sign—Glowing ambient noise, dubby beat. Sweet, swaying pop.
11. (2:45) Oceans Passed—Radiant underwater ceremony.
12. (3:19) ** Stories—Stacked ominous ambient, layers of enchanting voices trying to tell a story. Really cool track