|Various Artists / San Francisco Electronic Music Festival Sampler 2017|
|Add Date:||2017-08-31|| ||Pull Date:||2017-11-02|| ||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||22 Oct||17 Sep||10 Sep||3 Sep|
San Francisco Electronic Music Festival Sampler 2017|
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Just in time for the 18th SFEMF held at the Bravia Theatre Center on 24th Street in San Francisco: September 8th – 10th 2017. All the acts on this release will be performing. Experimental / electronica with glitch heavy effects. Should be a great event & this is certainly a perfect accompaniment. As all the artists deserve an intro, their bio’s can be found on www.sfemf.org
Like: Amulets, Laurence English, Monadh, Andrew Tomasello
All tracks are bloody brilliant & all is well in the world of experimental music.
Especially loving 1,2,3,6
1) Suki O’Kane – Destroying The Remotes 02 (5.12) Glitchy piercing sounds. Has an underwater beat behind the high pitched ringing, intense & claustrophobic.
2) Las Sucias – Chiquito Bendito (8.27) Electro beats walking on the wild side - with exquisite female Spanish vocals competing with the harsh soundscape. Explosive stuff.
3) Aaron Dilloway – Karaoke With Cal (6.16) Hallo....Spine tingling effected male spoken word leads to a Bad Seeds-esque slow moving musical feast – This rumbles & a grumbles along quite superbly.
4) Dax Pierson – Live @ Life Changing Ministry (6.19) Inter galactic ambient psych tunes. Upbeat & leading the charge into far flung places.
5) Kaori Suzuki – Panorama ((5.51) Pulsating & hypnotic, mid tempo sounds. Gets “Bardo Pond” like towards the conclusion.
6) JH1.FS3 – Stealing Water In Drought (4.18) Spoken word behind the growls & restricted beats. (Abrupt end)
7) Beast Nest – Worst Ever (5.36) Peaceful sounds, not quite mellow as the blibs & squeaks imply a darker underbelly rising. Like a rain forest in another world alternating between being chopped down & then rebirth.
8) Waxy Tomb – Sap (5.05) Various chainsaw like sounds mashed up & turned upside down, almost a head nodder at times – A sound & voice manipulator’s dream.
9) Suzanne Ciani – Live at P2 Arts Birthday Party in Stockholm, Sweden (5.20) Whistling & whirling alongside the blips. The tone becomes gradually more sedate.