|Cameron, Alex / Forced Witness|
|Add Date:||2017-11-19|| ||Pull Date:||2018-01-21|| |
|Week Ending:||14 Jan||7 Jan||31 Dec||24 Dec||17 Dec||10 Dec||3 Dec||26 Nov|
Australian witty storyteller Alex Cameron, the dude with the long straight hair and the fancy dance moves, is back with his second production, Forced Witness, co-produced by Jonathan Rado of Foxygen. Cameron, who built his reputation emulating Alan Vega’s trademark vocal style against minimal musical elements driven by a heavy drum machine beat, has surprised everyone by softening his tone, lighting up the beats, and surrounding himself with a curtain of pop sounds that makes him closer to Empire of the Sun than to Suicide. Forced Witness interestingly comes with a catch: most of the tracks, despite the pleasant and accessible sounds, are saturated with sexually explicit lyrics – too many FCCs to clean up. In the end, only three tracks are suitable for airtime on this recording. 21st century pop in the age of streaming and quick gratification.|
RIYL: Future Islands, Alvvays, LCD Soundsystem, Mac DeMarco and Emotional.
FCC WARNING: 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9
Recommended Tracks: 10, 3, 5, 2 [FCC], 8[FCC]
1. (4:09) Candy May – FCC (Shit). Medium tempo. Calm. Synth driven.
2. (4:12) *Country Figs – FCC (Cum, Piss). Medium-up tempo. 1980’s R&B vibe production.
3. (3:51) *Runnin' Outta Luck – Medium-up tempo. Catchy. Unusual love song.
4. (4:02) Stranger's Kiss (Duet With Angel Olsen) – FCC (Explicit Content). Slow/medium tempo ballad. Some lyrics here. Do not play outside safe harbor.
5. (3:53) **True Lies – Medium tempo confession ballad. Some song.
6. (3:16) Studmuffin96 – FCC (Pussy). Another medium tempo ballad with some explicit lyrics. Do not play outside safe harbor.
7. (4:06) The Chihuahua – FCC (Pussy). Upbeat tempo. Dancey. Explicit lyrics non-stop. Do not play outside safe harbor.
8. (4:32) *The Hacienda – FCC (Pussy). Third medium tempo ballad with more explicit lyrics. Do not play outside safe harbor.
9. (4:44) Marlon Brando – FCC (Pussy, Faggot, Shit). Slow/medium-up tempo. Dramatic and with some explicit lyrics. Do not play outside safe harbor.
10. (4:32) ** Politics Of Love – Medium-up tempo track. Dancey. Best song of the album.