|Hawgood, Ian & Aldinucci, Giulio / Consequence Shadows|
|Add Date:||2018-03-06|| ||Pull Date:||2018-05-04|| ||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||18 Mar||11 Mar|
Ian Hawgood + Giulio Aldinucci|
(Released by: Home Normal)
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Minimal sound artists based in Warsaw & Tokyo, this is an experimental release combining the ambient with a darker underbelly, although even the bleaker tracks have a delicate touch.
Like: Mytrip, Deison & Mingle, Josco & Spheruleu
All good. Loving 1 & 5
No FCC’s (Instrumentals)
1) Embarking Shadows (6.09) Foreboding opener. Stark, eerie waves of delight.
2) Only Microns (4.47) Glitchy & repetitive background gives way to a fuller lighter sound.
3) The Wasted Consequence (12.10) A mélange of sounds to start before concentrating on the meditative ambient drone. Light & airy.
4) Other Ashes (17.22) Unhurried & assured. Field recordings combining with the steady low murmuring drone. This gains momentum, resulting in a more vibrant drone. Changes direction midway through with a heavier organ sound – still maintains the peace though.
5) Other Ashes (Stijn Hüwels Rework) (19.05) An extended quiet intro, then a more severe & haunting version. Last 90 seconds is silent, so fade out around the 17.30 mark. All in all, perfect late night / early morning radio.