|Label:||Text Me|| |
|Add Date:||2018-03-19|| ||Pull Date:||2018-05-21|| |
|Week Ending:||13 May||6 May||29 Apr||22 Apr||15 Apr||8 Apr||25 Mar|
LOCAL! The best Steve Albini worship in the Bay right now. Gnarly, angular, dissonant, spastic rock. Manic, sarcastic group vocals. Great songwriting with subtle math rock moments. RIYL Fugazi, Hot Snakes, Drive Like Jehu, The Jesus Lizard, Unwound, Parquet Courts, Spray Paint. If you like old school college radio, you’ll love this. Favorites: 2, 5. No FCCs detected.|
1. (3:02)—Mid-tempo, sharp, crazed. The first single. Great breakdowns with lots of rhythmic fakeouts.
2. *(4:23)—Fast, stuttering, off-the-rails, relentless, constantly escalating. Long breakneck post-punk instrumental finish.
3. (6:28)—Slow. Quiet, furtive beginning. Gradual build, long bash-out ending. Snotty spoken vocals, e.g., “You should have listened to more Sonic Yewwwwth in college!”
4. (2:59)—Mid-tempo, bouncy, 7/8 time. Palpable Gen X vibe; I can see Beavis headbanging when I listen to this. Long White Stripes parody, too.
5. *(5:47)—Mid-tempo, quasi-krautrock/surf rock freak-out. Great extended minimal groove before the loud finale.