|Nalu Kay & Hi'ilawe Kay / Released|
|Add Date:||2018-07-11|| ||Pull Date:||2018-09-12|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
Nalu Kay & Hi’ilawe Kay/Released/Righteous Rude Boy Productions|
A smooth mix of R&B, soul, jazz, world and reggae, this Christian Hawaiian duo have produced an album that is easy to listen to and successfully blends all the styles to produce their unique sound. The heartfelt vocals would appeal to John Legend fans and the music and message would be especially attractive to Christafari or Templeyard enthusiasts. Favorite tracks 6, 9, 1, 4,5. No FCCs, reviewed by Kesha of LJH.
1) [4:10] Nice groove/jazzy Guitar intro, strings and keyboard, smooth vocals with a rap in the middle of the song. Med tempo.
2) [4:18] Syncopated reggae keyboard staccato hits throughout with smooth male vocals. Med tempo. Scripture reading at the end of song.
3) [3:43] A more traditional ballad with a tinge of country western feel and rhythm guitar plucking throughout. Slow tempo.
4) [4:07] Swing beat, with guitar accents, and jazzy feel, med tempo. Great musical interlude in the middle of the song.
5) [4:21] The title track, starts with guitar, med tempo ballad, nice harmonies and lead male vocal. Med tempo.
6) [4:21] Reggae keyboard hits and horns start this med/slow reggae groove and continue throughout. Med tempo.
7) [4:06] Rhythm guitar and nice solo male vocal in this soulful ballad. Slow tempo.
8) [3:55] Guitar plucking and solo male vocal start off, slow tempo transitions to med tempo groove with rhythm accents from acoustic instruments and then guitar and song builds and adds instrumentation with electric instruments.
9) [3:47] Ballad on acoustic guitar, slow tempo.
10) [4:03] Keyboard and synth intro, ballad, slow tempo, nice vocals. More reverb and vocal effects in this song than any other on the album.