|Add Date:||2018-12-04|| ||Pull Date:||2019-02-05|| ||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||20 Jan||6 Jan||23 Dec||16 Dec||9 Dec|
Ambient/electronic. Ecstatic, bubbly synth. Small tight melodies that rotate on narrow axes. Bright, optimistic, colorful music. Unlike some ambient music, which is totally unstructured, there is usually a light beat here, if only a tapping in the background. This gives some nice structure to the meandering synth. Some of the tracks are spacey and vacant, but I think that the best tracks are the dense ones, which have a great vitality. Recommended if you like Mark McGuire, Steve Hauschildt. Try 1, 2, 7.|
1) “Paprika Shorts” (6:57): Bubbly colorful synth with simple percussive background that gives it a nice energy. In the second half, becomes a bit more hazed out and heavier in the low end.
2) “Color Feel” (8:57): Starts extremely bright with single piano, gradually becomes an enveloping sound with lots of piano/synth. Warm. Lots of quick scales and arpeggios.
3) “Boketto” (3:12): A bit more abstract and slow.
4) “Edb” (3:53): Slows down even more. A bit of xylophone. Spacey.
5) “Staren” (5:56): Syncopated wind instruments with some drone in the background.
6) “Miniature” (1:38): Quiet clicks move between the two headphones. The most subdued track on the album.
7) “For Otto” (6:43): A magical glowing landscape--lots of tremolo. A light tapping provides rhythm. Becomes rich and dense as it goes on. Friendly, warm.