|Add Date:||2018-11-24|| ||Pull Date:||2019-01-26|| |
|Week Ending:||27 Jan||20 Jan||13 Jan||6 Jan||16 Dec||9 Dec||2 Dec|
Toss Up is the debut album by Kevin Krauter, member of Indiana underground pop band Hoops. Toss Up feels more acoustic, more measured, and quite melancholic. Folky chillwave pop for everyone.|
RIYL: Fog Lake, Real Estate, Vansire, Wild Nothing and Hoops.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8
1. (03:31) *Cowboy Chloe – Slow/medium tempo. Starts folky becomes dream pop. Driven by synths and a downhearted melody. Nice.
2. (03:06) *Lonely Boogie – Slow tempo. Synths and a drum beat. Underground pop ballad.
3. (04:11) **Rollerskate – Medium tempo. Drum machine beat, lovely guitar riff, and sad melody. Solid recording.
4. (04:10) ***Suddenly – Medium tempo. The single of the album. Charming piece.
5. (03:03) Restless – Medium tempo instrumental chill wave cut. Hallucination pop.
6. (04:25) *Keep Falling in Love – Slow tempo recording. Synth driven pop a la 1970’s yacht rock. Polyester forever.
7. (04:17) Who Do You Know – Medium tempo track. This one sounds like a Hoops B-side.
8. (04:13) *Barely on My Mind – Slow tempo. Another underground pop ballad here.
9. (05:24) Toss Up – Slow/medium tempo piece. Synth driven. Gradual build-up. Chillwavy in a 1980’s kind of way.