|Bunnett, Jane / Spirits of Havana|
|Add Date:||2003-01-27|| ||Pull Date:||2003-03-31|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||2 Mar||16 Feb||9 Feb||2 Feb|
Canadian Bunnett plays soprano sax and flute and explores Cuban jazz and Caribbean sounds (and Thelonious Monk!) with a little help from some friends.|
1. Quiet but very nice duet for flute & percussion. Instrumental.
2. Relaxed w/cool percussion & nice female vocals. Simple.
*3. Swaying dance w/some nice choral work and percussion.
*4. Some cool jazz featuringGonzalo Rubalcaba on piano.
*5. A bouncy instrumental w/nice touches from the guitar & piano.
6. A bit disjointed lots of tempo/mood changes - instrumental.
*7. Fun blend of Cuban rhythms from a variety of instruments.
*8. Brassy take on Monk tune. Not bad, but Monk does it better.
9. Sax/piano/voice. Mid-tempo traditional tune.
10. A slower, simpler traditional song. Pretty.
11. Blend of tempos/sounds. Again, it seems disjointed.
17 January 2003