|Rodrigues, Virginia / Mares Profundos|
|Add Date:||2003-11-10|| ||Pull Date:||2004-01-12|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||11 Jan||4 Jan||28 Dec||21 Dec||14 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov|
Mentored by Caetano Veloso, the 3rd release from this Brazilian diva explores Afro-Brazilian sounds (mostly Afro-Sambas) as written (mostly) by Baden Powell & Vinicius de Moraes. She has a rich, deep, gorgeous voice, and the guitar of Luiz Brasil is lovely too. Good guest stars add to the quality. Every track is great.|
*1. Sexy & simple. Voice/guitar/percussion.
2. Strings add a touch of drama to this downtempo love song.
3. Backed by a chorus. Starts slow, picks up into a bright, lush sound
*4. Sultry jazz w/piano/sax/bass/perc. Deliciously relaxed.
5. Down/Mid-tempo with a rich arrangement of strings/voice..
*6. Light & swaying duet w/Caetano Veloso. Yay!
7. Mid-tempo w/some nice jazzy piano/string work.
*8. Slow & haunting. Backed by guitar & 5 great choral voices.
9. Happy & bright. Good horns/percussion.
10. Downtempo for voice & two guitars.
11. Midtempo. Strong use of strings/sax/percussion.
12. Slow & dramatic. Almost operatic w/lots of violins.