|Add Date:||2003-12-29|| ||Pull Date:||2004-03-01|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||29 Feb||22 Feb||8 Feb||1 Feb||25 Jan||18 Jan||11 Jan||4 Jan|
This 7-member Irish band delivers a strong release in part, I think, due to the work of producer Mick Glossop. The band plays traditional (uileann pipes, bodhran), pop (guitar, bass), and world (caracas, bouzouki) instruments. Plus vocals. It’s not traditional Celtic music, by any means. It’s a fresh & energized blend that is captivating. It’s all very good.|
*1. 9-minute epic. Vox/perc/choir/strings. It’s amazing!
*2. Upbeat instrumental w/nice blend of pipes/drums/flutes.
3. Slow & melodic w/a sense of sadness. Pretty instr.
*4. High energy vox/strings/perc. Very cool.
*5. Slow instrumental becomes wicked-fast jam. Wow!
6. Soft Gaelic ballad. Ahhh...
7. A complex, almost jazzy instrumental composition. Nice.
8. Fast instrumental w/great interplays & energy.
9. Slow & quiet a capella track. Haunting & gorgeous.
*10. Another epic. 10-minutes of swirling moods, changing tempos and incredible energy.
11. Piano/fiddle duet (both played Dee). Tragically beautiful.