Fiddle? Check. Harp? Check. Vocals? Yup. Yeah, must be Celtic music. A typically good compilation, with artists from Ireland, Scotland, Spain, France, Canada, and the US. Great singing & playing throughout, with a nice blend of traditional/contemporary and instrumentals/vocals. You can’t go wrong with any track. |
1. Sweet vox, pipes/fiddles. Great medly of midtempo dances.
2. Pipes, upbeat, catchy percussion. Cool, modern Celtic sound.
3. A capella layers of her voice then squalling electronic sounds.
4. Lightly funky w/beautiful fem vox. Mid/downtempo & catchy.
5. Fiddles, bright, nasally-fem vox. Starts mid, picks up.
6. Trumpet, pipes, guitar. A halting, quirky, midtempo instrumntl.
7. Thick Scots accent, lively, toe-tapping story song. Great sound.
8. Uptempo instrumental dance w/a great, snarly pipe sound.
9. Sweet midtempo Austurian folk w/a a catchy, midtempo bounce.
10. Instrumental blend of fiddles/guitars. Midtempo, lively dances.
11. Guitar/vox/fiddles, mid/uptempo story song. Very cool.
12. Whistle/vox/guitar/bodhran. Lazy & sweet in Gaelic.
13. Slow, a capella fem ballad. Rich, emotional voice.
14. Slow & spare w/crystal-clear fem. Vox. Dramatic.
15. Lively blend of vox/pipe/perc/strings. Upbeat & driving.
16. Tight vocal harmonies. Relaxed, almost jazzy, very cool.
17. Guitars/horns/flutes medley going from midtempo to fast.
18. Sweet folk dances, mid/uptempo w/great energy.