|Add Date:||2005-10-23|| ||Pull Date:||2005-12-25|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||11 Dec||4 Dec||27 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct|
Trio de Los Panchos are considered masters of the Mexican Bolero. All songs are lush, romantic, down/midtempo, with tight vocal harmonies, sweet guitars, light percussion. Did I mention romantic? It’s dripping with romance. No, really. Just this side of over-the-top romance. It’s “serenade your beloved under the balcony” music and will not appeal to the bitter, the recently dumped, or anyone whose idea of romantic music involves a band with the word “vomit” in their name. They’re all in the same style. I recommend these:|
1. Relaxed & mostly midtempo. A good introduction.
2. Sweetly old-fashioned. You might recognize the melody.
3. Serious w/good use of guitar & nice vocal solos.
6. Sweet version of the classic w/great vocals.
9. Good vocal harmonies & guitars.
10. High vocals, extra emotion. Strings.
13. Melodic w/a late at night feeling. Sigh...
15. A classic done w/style & emotion.
19. Nice guitar work. Starts slow, gets lively, then back again.
20. Extra percussion enlivens this midtempo dance. Sweet.