|Add Date:||2006-11-05|| ||Pull Date:||2007-01-07|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||31 Dec||3 Dec||19 Nov||12 Nov|
This Portuguese Fadista has a perfect voice for her national music. It’s rich, pure, and passionate. She’s also only in her 20s and very beautiful, so I think I hate her. Her earthy, natural style is quite captivating, and she’s ably backed by some good, traditional guitar work (she also plays guitar). This CD is all Fado – some traditional, some contemporary - so you know what to expect. You can play it all, but I especially liked:|
1. Slow and rich w/soaring vocals & nice strings.
2. Bright & light w/a a sweet melody.
4. A late afternoon sadness with a bittersweet sense of regret.
5. The vocals are especially sweet & sad in this one.
8. Bouncy & more lively. Good guitar work, almost fun.
9. Slow w/a sense of fragility & hope. Too short.
11. A nice showcase for her voice & style, traditional Fado.
14. Midtempo w/some extra good strings & warm vox.
15. Tragic. A slow, beautiful, passionate ballad.
17. Midtempo w/nice arrangement of strings/vox.
20. Slow, husky, delicate & simple. So sad...