|Mr Geoffrey & Jd Franzke / Get A Room|
|Add Date:||2007-04-29|| ||Pull Date:||2007-07-01|| ||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||24 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May|
Down-tempo cinematic chill music, or soundscapes , from Melbourne, built heavily on borrowed romantic music (mostly old, with static sometimes). To this, they add spooky or pastoral atmospheric electronic vibes, echoes, chirps and sound bits (city sounds, weather, dolphin sounds, etc.). It’s like a dream. I love it. A late night must. I wish, though, that they would acknowledge all those old timers the music of which they use so much. Tracks merge nicely with each other.|
**1. A beautiful romantic big-band-era song (male vox). Hardly touched, just a bit of an echo at the beginning and some vibes. Oh, yes, and Apollo 11.
2. Dolphins in Hawaii. Slide guitar. Very relaxed.
*3. Mysterious and spooky. Harpsichord, synth, cinematic talking (woman vox).
*4. Spooky. Using Ennio Morricone’s Chi Mai. Gets some 30’s jazz towards the end. Merges with the next track.
*5. A classic piano bar /jazz song, female vox, with dolphins at the background. Relaxing.
*6. A female vox talking about manipulating the sub-conscience lead s to an atmospheric Tango (bandoneon, violin and piano; Astor Piazzolla, I think). Barely touched, just very pleasant wave sounds added.
7. Chirps and blips leading to an echo-ey rendition of a 70’s piece for piano and strings. Sounds like a soundtrack (Bacharach?)
8. Ethereal woman singing, vibes and city sounds. Merges with track 9.
9. A funky song with a fuzzy guitar and male-female vox. Reminds me of Shaft.
10. Dub, city noises.
11. A romantic trumpet tune (and also various sound bits).
12. Funny noises turn into dub (Ja rule) with some weather noises.
13. Spaghetti western. Some sound bits at the end.
*14. Gong and electronic gargling lead to sea noises with a Brazilian classic(from Orfeu Negro).
**15. A short interlude. Thunderclaps
**16. Perry Como song (I think) with some trippy echoes and party noises.
*17. Echo-ey night club performer talks, then a short Tango piece .
**18. A beautiful slow jazz male four with city sounds.
*19. Bells, rain and crickets, city noises, horse shoes.
*20. Trippy guitars (fuzzy and acoustic) and congos. Cool.
21. Bells and piano. Short.
*22. Sexy. Female vox (and orgasm) with a sweet Morricone tune. The male orgasm is there two, a funny one.
*23. Goat bells, cicades /nature. Then, a 60’s trippy mystery B-movie music.
**24. Starts with ~1min of suspense soundscape and then a woman sings (like in the shower) Rod Stewart’s “I am sailing” with a nice orchestral accompaniment.
25. Crickets. Distant dogs barking.
26. A man with a German accent sings Oh Suzana. Merges with track 1.