|Add Date:||2007-10-21|| ||Pull Date:||2007-12-23|| |
|Week Ending:||16 Dec||25 Nov||18 Nov||11 Nov|
LIL ALIN - "All In" CD (Asphodel)|
Dark, almost gothy torch songs. Sparse piano and cello are the main music. Some tracks lean pop but are still dark. Some of this has a tribal or industrial feel (maybe it's her delivery) that reminds me a bit of JARBOE. Think NICO, SIOUXSIE SUE or a mellow DIAMANDA GALAS.
1. Simple piano and dark, almost mumbled vocals in French.
**2. Mechanical with a stiff delivery on purpose. Drums, guitar, and keys. "Killing time, is killing me." Catchy, mechanical, and slight 80s feel. Great stuff. Is this a cover?
**3. 80s electronic/goth sounds.
**4. Slightly tribal sounding and very much like JARBOE.
5. Cello and vocals
6. Simple somber piano. Somewhat whispered vocals. Goth.
7. Slow electronic beats and cello. Lyrics in French.
8. Slightly more dramatic. French vocals and piano.
9. Slow simple piano and slightly out of key slow singing.
10. Slinky spy theme sounding. Slight downtempo feel with drab depressed singing.
OK stuff -mph