|Fitzgerald, Ella / Love Letters From Ella|
|Add Date:||2007-09-02|| ||Pull Date:||2007-11-04|| ||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||28 Oct||21 Oct||14 Oct||7 Oct||30 Sep||23 Sep||16 Sep||9 Sep|
How do you review a legend? This selection of previously unreleased love songs from the ‘70s (one track from the early ‘80s) shows why she’s the undisputed queen of jazz vocalists. Every note is pitch-perfect and whisky-smooth, her style is impeccable, and it’s all worth at least three stars. Miss Ella, we love you right back.|
1. Swinging & swaying w/a little help from Count Basie.
2. Symphonic, lush slow and heartbreaking. Full of warm emotion.
3. Midtempo sway with a tight, small combo sound. Delicious.
4. Downtempo and lazy like a hot day. Oh what she does w/that voice!
5. Midtempo and swinging w/a small club sound. Great piano too.
6. Slow and stylish w/a rich, symphonic backing. Sigh....
7. Midtempo duet for Ella & Joe Pass on guitar. Delicious & light.
8. Slow and sooooo smooth. Guitar & orchestra backing. Yummy.
9. Sweet classic w/a light touch. Relaxed w/great piano. So good!
10. Gentle horns escort this lazy romantic slow dance. Warm, sweet.