|Add Date:||2008-07-13|| ||Pull Date:||2008-09-14|| |
|Week Ending:||14 Sep||7 Sep||31 Aug||24 Aug||17 Aug||10 Aug||3 Aug||27 Jul|
Fun, simple pop songs. Lots of instruments, samples, and Andersen's voice create some beautiful repetition and variation. Often songs swell and then break in interesting ways. Some of the shorter tunes are like incantations, lyrics are repeated refrains. All great! Try 2, 7, 10, 14*, 15, 16*, 18|
1) Folksy love song. Horns, organ, guitar.
2) Short, sweet guitar pluckin' tune: "you are my only"
3) Strong rhythm, jangly tune. Unrequited love story.
4) Blips, strummin' and chanted refrain "what a nightmare to love"
5) Heavier sounds, frustrated vox & plinky toy keyboard.
6) Poppy pop. Interesting beat & glittery chimes.
7) Melancholic, sweet tune "i want you...to be happy"
8) Chirpin' birds, chimes, and other misc. sounds behind vox
9) Some strummin', some strings, some crunchy metallic sounds
10) Steady folk tune, sweet & upbeat - great whistling kazoo sample
11) Organ! plinky chimes! Singing about sunshine.
12) Cutesy duet
13) Nearly whispered vocals over guitar pickin' & video game noises
14) Long one! Great song! Slow start, builds up and breaks down again
15) Catchy pop! Some fun orchestration on this one.
16) Basic beat, female harmonies, more lyrical repetition. Lovely chimes.
17) Begins with woman reciting words. Multiple vocalists on this slow tune. WATCH OUT ends at 3:20.
18) Darkest tune. Slow start - nice beat, female harmonies, whispered vox.