|Port O'brien / All We Could Do Was Sing|
|Add Date:||2008-06-15|| ||Pull Date:||2008-08-17|| |
|Week Ending:||3 Aug||27 Jul||20 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul||29 Jun||22 Jun|
LOCAL seafaring indie folk music. The band splits its time between the Bay Area and Alaska where they're involved in the fishing industry. Van, the main singer/ songwriter, works on his dad's fishing boat off of Kodiak Island. Many sea and fishing themes show up in the music. Often times songs have acoustic guitar, banjo, group singing and interesting percussion. Good stuff.|
-Adrian FCC: 4
My picks: 1, 3, 10
1. rollicking and addictive, upbeat (but dark) w/ group singing, guitar, pots, pans
2. med-slow. starts slowly and with m vox + electric guitar and then builds to fuller sound and group vox.
3. mid-tempo. fingerpicked guitar. drums, strings, banjo later. nice melancholy song.
4. slow. guitar and strings.
6. med-slow. electric guitars. vocals on the howling side. song goes into guitar solo section.
7. med-slow. acoustic guitar and more fragile vocals.
8. med-slow. guitar, banjo drums. ends early (0:41 left) then goes into radio recording
9. med-slow. acoustic guitar and banjo. f vox.
10. med-fast. electric guitar, tambourine, m vox. gets rowdy later.
11. med-slow. demo-sounding. fragile. acoustic + vox + strange glurging sounds.