|Add Date:||2008-11-02|| ||Pull Date:||2009-01-04|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||4 Jan||28 Dec||21 Dec||14 Dec||7 Dec||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov|
#4 is a Tom Waits cover, or at least, it quotes a Tom Waits song
The delicious Mexican-American-Mixtec singer dishes up yet another seriously good release. There’s fire and fun in equal blends with a solid band and great material, everything from mystical folk-based tunes to political commentaries to covers of songs such as “Black Magic Woman.” Great guest stars. In English and Spanish. This one rocks, folks, and it’s fabulously good.|
1. Fun and energetic blend of oom-pah, blues, and Latin rock.
2. Upbeat vocal duet w/a solid beat and lots of passion.
3. Midtempo country-tinged commentary on minimum wage.
4. Great upbeat duet w/Ruben Albarran from Café Tacuba. Bouncy, driving, increasingly fast and furious. Wicked good. Yow!
5. Spanish cover of Lucinda Williams song. Slow & beautiful.
6. Upbeat bounce w/a touch of Zydeco/blues/rock and lots of brass.
7. Husky voiced & jazzily mystical Santana classic. Sexy duet.
8. Slow, gentle, romantic....a sweet, dreamy love song.
9. Starts like an Andean folk song, becomes a hip urban groove.
10. Bright, midtempo and warm blend of musical cultures. So cool.
11. Mostly traditional Veracruz folk tune, upbeat & joyful.
12. Slow and sensual ballad with gorgeous deep, rich vocals.
13. A touch of the Celtic at first, then funky midtempo rock.
14. Upbeat, driving with a sense of fire and soaring vocals.
15. English version of #5 – equally beautiful. Take your pick.
16. Mid/upbeat – part rock anthem, part folk bounce.