|Elias, Eliane / Bossa Nova Stories|
|Add Date:||2009-03-22|| ||Pull Date:||2009-05-24|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||10 May||3 May||26 Apr||19 Apr||12 Apr||29 Mar|
Jazz-based bossas featuring the sexy voice and cool piano of Elias plus a tight band with solid arrangements. A mix of classic Brazilian tunes plus a few surprises (like Stevie Wonder’s “Superwoman.”) In English and Portuguese. Wonderful, sophisticated music.|
*1. Lush and sensual version of the classic. Honey-smooth.
*2. So gorgeous midtempo samba classic. Absolutely delicious.
3. Slow jazz ballad with soft strings and a classic style.
4. Downtemp Gershwin, a romantic slow dance w/sophistication.
5. A sexy midtempo sway with a light, delicate touch.
*6. Toots Thielemans harp accents this slow sway. Wonderful.
7. Relaxed jazz with stylish vocals and hip piano.
8. Slow strings, vocal duet w/a sweeping jazz arrangement.
*9. Playfully sexy midtempo Johnny Mercer classic. Sweet.
10. More harmonica, downtempo w/a hint of blues.
*11. Mid/uptempo w/tripping, light vocals & guitar.
12. Upbeat summertime in Brazil sound. Light & breezy.
*13. Driving piano, fast vocals, gets into a cool jazz jam.
14. Slow love song with a lush orchestral arrangement.