|Add Date:||2011-02-06|| ||Pull Date:||2011-04-10|| |
|Week Ending:||10 Apr||27 Mar||20 Mar||13 Mar||6 Mar||27 Feb||13 Feb|
Walking Sleep Measures 2010 |
--All Tracks are FCC CLEAN--
Walking Sleep is a six-piece band that performs orchestrated pop-rock pieces that sound like The Hush Sound and Camera Obscura mixed with Belle and Sebastian. They seem influenced by Buddy Holly and Fleetwood Mac. Band formed in 2007 under the name Flying Tourbillon Orchestra. This is their first full-length album.
1. “The Cause” has dark, often melancholy lyrics with upbeat and poppy melody.
2. “In a Dream” is strong and melodic with military style drum beats and it should be their first single.
3. “Final Chapter” is energetic and lyrical.
4. “As a Volunteer” has a boppy, optimistic beat with morbid lyrics
5. “Let It Go On” sounds romantic and waltz-like.
6. “Arso’ is a melancholy and dreamy lullaby
7. “Don’t Be Fooled” has a fast rushed beat with a breezy sixties beat.
8. “What We Forgot” Breakup song with that asks ‘When did it get so hard to sleep?’
9. “Shake the Cold” Slow track with a sixties beat reminiscent of the Beatles
10. “Standing in the Threat” Haunting melody about letting go of the past. My picks: 2, 7, 9 Ramzi Salti