|Love Language, The / Libraries|
|Add Date:||2010-09-19|| ||Pull Date:||2010-11-21|| |
|Week Ending:||21 Nov||14 Nov||7 Nov||31 Oct||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct||3 Oct|
Most songs share the same (overly)dramatic arcing template. Start slow, build up to a rising crescendo, then fizzle out. Left me wondering whats the point of building me up, buttercup, baby just to let me down. Lyrics are sweet and a bit romantic, but expectations are high with the auspicious band name |
try: 5, 9
1.Upbeat, builds into symphony of noise
Passionate vocals drive this bus
2. Good thumping drums, upbeat, full sound
Here come the claps . . . oh yeah, the claps
3. Country-style opening, slow dancing at prom in North Carolina
Opens up midway into a melodic train ride to nowhere
4. John Mellencamp style opening
Summer nostalgia, "young hearts are bright ... blowin in the air tonight"
warning - harmonizing not used sparingly
5. * spacey, day dreaming beginning
lazy beat, builds into a march
finishes back where it started
LONG outro (~20 secs)
6. bubble gum riff and vocals
'you can walk all over me just don't walk away'
7. sounds a bit like arcade fire gone horribly wrong
on the insert i think they call this "chamber-pop"
8. more of the same
9. * vocals sound like they were recorded with a cassette player at start
soft, slow and smooth 'and you'll want me to haunt you'
here comes the beat again, back to the same song template
10. Raw guitar, lots more harmonizing