|Leake, Jerry / Cubist Live|
|Add Date:||2011-10-02|| ||Pull Date:||2011-12-04|| ||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||4 Dec||27 Nov||13 Nov||16 Oct|
John Zorn-esque free jazz improv infused with Middle-Eastern and African modes. World-Jazz fusion. |
1*. [10:35] Slow moving intro piece. Free form improv on middle eastern mode. Sax solo.
2. [10:30] Slow. Overdrive guitar solo.
3. [8:48] Opens up with flute solo. Brazilian rhythms start after ~ 1min30. Evolving rhythmic patterns.
4*. [10:37] Opens with ney solo (arabic flute). Middle-eastern mode. Drum solo.
5*. [2:48] Opens with repetitive vocal line. Sounds like a West African song.
6. [7:53] Hip-hop style.
7. [7:37] Indian drums. Sax solo. Loosely atonal (or unresolved tonality). Intriguing.
8. [7:48] Long opening drumming sequence with various West African drums.
9. [9:53] Slow synthetizer opener. Sax solo. Audible noises from the audience.