|About Group / Start & Complete|
|Add Date:||2011-05-14|| ||Pull Date:||2011-07-16|| |
|Week Ending:||10 Jul||3 Jul||26 Jun||19 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||22 May|
Alexis Taylor from Hot Chip teams up with a bunch of friends and records a record in one day. I’m trying hard to avoid comments about how that may or may not have influenced the final outcome, but had they set more time aside, they could probably have come up with something more varied. That being said, the premise of soft, fragile indie rock with a retro touch remains quite compelling.|
FCC: Clean Try: 5, 11, 6
1) 1:22 Soft vocals from Alexis Taylor, simple keys.
2) 3:36 Retro sounds, Rhodes keys and wah-wah solo. Slow and melodic.
3) 3:39 Slow, soft, circular. Hints at a climax that never comes around
4) 2:23 Wheezing synths in the background, tremolo guitars.
5) * 4:08 A bit more upbeat, more prominent drums and guitars. I really like the melody and lyrics on this. Slowly fades.
6) * 2:54 Wurlitzers all the way. First two minutes without drums. Very fragile.
7) 0:46 Short, powerful interlude.
8) 3:39 Shaky synths and tom-action. Very sinking indeed. Fades out in reverb-heavy drum noise
9) 2:37 Short, fragile. More wah guitar, there’s even a solo in the middle.
10) 11:04 Yes, this track is 11 minutes. It also has a surprisingly upbeat, jammy feel. Old school as I don’t know what.
11) * 4:45 Slow ballad, long organ chords. Interesting instrumentation,
12) 3:12 Strange guitar (or something) sounds on beatless drums, gets a bit more focused. Sparse vocals.
13) 1:49 Slow, (almost) call and response between piano and keys.
14) 1:14 Second half of first track. Winds down, fades.