S.F.-based three-piece of guitar, bass, drums with a garage, alt-country sound, slightly reminiscent of early R.E.M. (especially the vocals, much like Stipe’s). It’s also got a slight post-punk thing going on at times. Pretty cool stuff. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 3, 5, 6, 7, 9.
1. (1:04) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Starts quiet. Mellow drum, guitar.
2. (3:05) Mid. Big sound, driving beat,
3. *(3:28) Mid. Hypnotic guitar inside rollicking drums with easy bass line. Guitar gets louder and more prominent as song progresses.
4. (0:30) Slow / Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Mellow piano?, strummed guitar.
5. *(4:08) Mid. Plodding beat, easy going, almost a post-punk feel. but mostly alt-country.
6. *(3:52) Mid. Upbeat, rockin’, with surfy intro. Cool guitar, pounding drum, cool bass line.
7. *(3:34) Slow / Mid. Mellow guitar, this one reminiscent of Nirvana. Very sparse, ethereal and cool.
8. (0:53) Mid. INSTRUMENTAL. Cool, mellow guitar, drums.
9. *(6:55) Slow / Mid. Alternates between quiet / sparse and louder / fuller phrases.
10. (2:16) Slow. Processed vocal set back behind lone piano. Song ends then a chorus of voices at very end.