|Rah Rah / Breaking Hearts|
|Add Date:||2012-01-08|| ||Pull Date:||2012-03-11|| |
|Week Ending:||4 Mar||19 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan||15 Jan|
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Oh my, another great album! And another one by a Canadian band. Full of upbeat, energetic, dramatic, indie rock / pop / - whatever you call it. I call it, well, amazing stuff. Think Arcade Fire or The Decemberists, and these guys may turn out to be better than both - what?? The further into the album the better, although it starts off great. Guitars, bass, drums, keys, strings, male and female vocals. Dang, it’s great. Every song. Wow. |
*My Favorites*: I like ‘em all.
1. (2:54) Fast. Frantic and driving beat, upbeat and catchy with male lead vocals, female backing. Hip and cool.
2. (3:20) Mid. Sparse start with guitar and vocals, then full band. Feel-good vibe with very cool guitar, driving beat, keys.
3. (2:44) Fast. FCC. Driving with big cymbal strikes, guitar sounding like a piano, great female backing vocals. Long, droney, mellow fade-out.
4. (3:36) Slow / Mid. Cool percussion, very sparse. A bit spacey and dreamy.
5. (1:25) Mid. Upbeat with mandolin and big vocal chorus. Song about being in love with a communist man.
6. (3:42) Mid. Easy-going with female lead vocal, backing vocals, nice guitar work, percussion. Beautiful ending with vocal.
7. (2:32) Mid. Big, full sound, dramatic and dynamic. Heavy lyrics but heavenly stuff.
8. (2:38) Mid. Song referencing Joey Ramone. Strings, great beat, great lyrics. Wow.
9. (2:19) Mid / Fast. Mad piano start, then driving beat, great female vocal, guitar.
10. (3:18) Mid. Piano, guitar intro then full band, big and loud. Epic sound, very dramatic and anthemic and just plain killer.
11. (2:49) Mid. Mellowy, upbeat with easy drums, keys, guitar.
12. (2:29) Fast. Rockin’ to start, then eases up a bit, alternating between the two. Cool vocal delivery by both male and females. Dramatic and delicious.
13. (4:17) Mid. Tinkly keys, dreamy guitar, ethereal and spacey with beautiful female vocal. Long, trippy ending.