|Noveller / A Pink Sunset For No One|
|Add Date:||2017-05-25|| ||Pull Date:||2017-07-27|| ||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||23 Jul||16 Jul||9 Jul||2 Jul||25 Jun||18 Jun||11 Jun||4 Jun|
A Pink Sunset For No One
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Brooklyn based Sarah Lipstate always produces lush quality soundscapes. This, her eighth studio LP is no exception. All in all, a very accessible experimental release, if vocals were added, this would be an instant fave amongst the shoegazers & Indy poppers...
Like: Andrew Tomasello, Christina Vantzou,
All good. Loving 2,4
No FCC’s (Instrumentals)
1) Deep Shelter (5.33) A slow moving sensual sound that ups the pace producing a hazy sun-filled imagery.
2) Rituals (5.11) Guitars & synths working wonders in this driving mid paced jewel. (Longish quiet fade)
3) A Pink Sunset For No One (4.17) Gutsy energy either side of the quiet tones.
4) Lone Victory Tonight (5.20) Majestic spacey energy.
5) Trails and Trials (4.23) Has that 60’s feel about it, wouldn’t be out of place in an Arthur Penn western.
6) Another Dark Hour (3.27) Rich psychedelic textures combined with a brooding post punk underbelly.
7) Corridors (2.55) A happier dose of repetition. Mid paced & joyful.
8) The Unveiling (4.11) Moodier accompaniment to the strumming which takes over half way through.
9) Emergence (3.22) All the influences on this one, droney psych moments tied up in a soft prog rock bow.