|Add Date:||2017-09-27|| ||Pull Date:||2017-11-29|| ||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||26 Nov||19 Nov||12 Nov||5 Nov||29 Oct||22 Oct||15 Oct||8 Oct|
A great uptempo electro album from German producer The Micronaut. The tracks are mostly instrumental or with very minimal vocals. Some of the tracks are very repetitive, while others are pleasingly complex. Check out the recommendations for some of the latter. The song titles are all plays on words of your favorite shapes from 9th grade geometry!|
RIYL Pretty Lights, Booka Shade, The Glitch Mob, ODEZSA
Recommended tracks: 2, 4, 6, 7
1. (1:07) Short intro with synth swell and gentle male vocals.
2. (4:26) Skittering synth dancing uptempo over ominous bass. Some quiet female spoken word, but mostly instrumental grooving and scratching.
3. (2:54) Triumphant staccato synth repeating, climbing up and up, with airy female vocals. RIYL Animal Collective
4. (5:20) Wobbling, head-bobbing synth morphs halfway into quiet drumming and clapping, then blossoms into an intense beat.
5. (4:25) Grooving piano line intermingles with female vox. Jingling of keys punctuated by warm drum pads. Synth pausing and playing.
6. (5:31) Minor-key, punctuated, uptempo synth makes me feel like I’m soaring over Kyoto. Male vox coming to rescue you midway.
7. (5:34) Ambient voices slowly blend into tinkling bells. A fast beat emerges with a South Asian minor key feel. Slowing down the record of a rapping voice.
8. (3:23) Grooving rock flute with cricket-like reverb in the background explodes into organ synth with staccato piano, undulating throughout.
9. (4:02) Fast-paced, skittering, frenetic. Modulated vocals with muddled lyrics encouraging you to party. Hi-hat dominating.
10. (4:43) Synth quickly building into another head-bobbing beat with a twinkling synth in the background. Feeling like I’m being spun round and round. Unremarkable vocals midway.
11. (3:32) Finally, something slower. Dry drumstick clicking beat. Halfway, lamentable male vocals enter.
12. (5:03) Ominous video game soundtrack. Creepy modulated vocals, then a brighter melody with chipmunk voices. Builds pensively, soaringly.