|Various Artists / Global Rhythm: August/September 2008|
|Add Date:||2008-09-28|| ||Pull Date:||2008-11-30|| ||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||30 Nov||23 Nov||16 Nov||9 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||19 Oct||12 Oct|
Music from all over the map – both literally and musically. Good stuff. From Global Rhythm magazine.|
*1. Wicked good polyrhythmic waltz from Yo-Yo Ma & Silk Road Ensemble. Instrumental, mid/upbeat, fiery and fabulous.
2. Guitar, bass, and Chinese pipa. Jazz-infused down/mid ramble.
3. Stars w/old recording of men singing, then Chinese electro pop w/fem vocals. Down/midtempo.
*4. Sitar, synths, horn & fem vox, swirling mid/up funk/pop/
5. A 5-piece ensemble w/lead Oud mostly midtempo Mid/Eastern folk
*6. Delicious Afro-bossa-jazz blend. Cool vocals & lots of style.
7. Percussion solos, free jazz w/hint of Native American. Mostly mid.
8. Lively flamenco-inspired journey, mostly midtempo.
9. Chill out Latin lounge, mid/upbeat and very Miami hip.
10. Crazy fiddle jam, like a gypsy band on speed. Yow!