|Black, Miles Trio / Some Enchanted Evening|
|Add Date:||2008-09-21|| ||Pull Date:||2008-11-23|| ||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||23 Nov||2 Nov||26 Oct||12 Oct||28 Sep|
Recorded live, pianist Black, bassist Miles Hill and drummer Dave Robbins dish up tight, mainstream “dinner jazz” that’s stylish and sophisticated. Watch levels as most tracks are a bit quiet.|
*1. Midtempo and swinging, a good showcase for Black’s piano.
2. Starts slow, picks up a little later on but mostly gentle & romantic.
*3. Quiet, slow, but so sophisticated. A stylish take on this classic.
*4. Lightly pulsing mid/upbeat w/some nice flourishes. Sweet.
5. Slow, quiet, heavy on the romance, a gentle ballad.
6. Nicely swaying mid/upbeat excursion w/a tight arrangement.
7. Delicate piano and a bright, champagne-bubble feel. Midtempo.
8. Slow, crystal-delicate at first then more passionate. Really pretty.
*9. Relaxed, and charming. A sleepy little midtempo gem.