|Add Date:||2018-09-09|| ||Pull Date:||2018-11-11|| |
|Week Ending:||28 Oct||7 Oct||30 Sep||23 Sep||16 Sep|
Lo-fi slowcore from Philadelphia. Muted bedroom vibe, soft harmonies, pedal steel on every song. Perfect for autumn and winter. Bummed out and moody, but also loose, playful, and comforting. Great songs, too. Recorded by Francis Lyons (ylayali, Free Cake for Every Creature). RIYL early Red House Painters, Lomelda, Codeine, Bluetile Lounge, Obody. Favorites: 1, 2, 4, 9. No FCCs detected.|
1. *(4:27)—Very slow. Sweet and swaying, like an alt-country duet at half speed.
2. *(4:38)—Slow, like ’90s indie rock in amber. Kind of funny. “Walking around like a chicken with it’s head cut off / that was last year.”
3. (4:06)—Slow, deep and plodding like Codeine.
4. *(3:50)—Mid-tempo, rocking, with catchy pedal steel licks. Pop? Declarative harmonies.
5. (4:04)—Instrumental, no drums. High and lonesome pedal steel melodies.
6. (3:15)—Very slow, calming, airy. The end reminds me of Bedhead.
7. (2:45)—Slow, again like indie rock at half speed. Nice subtle pedal steel touches.
8. (2:45)—Slow, sludgy. Tin can vocals and acoustic guitar, and no other instruments.
9. *(4:38)—Very slow. Strained vocals, beautiful dark chord progressions. Very Bluetile Lounge. There’s a gorgeous live video of this on Youtube, done by a blog called Swell Tone.