|Paley & Francis / Paley & Francis|
|Album:||Paley & Francis||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Paley & Francis||Added:||Nov 2011|
|Label:||Sonic Unyon Records|
|Add Date:||2012-01-16||Pull Date:||2012-03-19|
|Week Ending:||Mar 18||Mar 11||Mar 4||Feb 5||Jan 29||Jan 22|
|1.||Dec 28, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|4.||Mar 01, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|2.||Mar 15, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|5.||Feb 01, 2012:||Modern Donkey - Nontraditional Song Structures |
On The Corner
|3.||Mar 07, 2012:||Modern Donkey - Song 2 |
On The Corner
|6.||Jan 26, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Reid Paley joins Black Francis (of the Pixies) here for a great release. It’s got David Hood and Spooner Oldham of Muscle Shoals fame (they’ve played with everyone over the years) on bass and keys, respectively. So it’s got that r & b thing going on, as well as some unique sounding stuff, which includes good ol’ r’n’r, punky, garagey, bluesy, loungey, alt-country stuff. For fans of Nick Cave, Lou Reed, Pixies. This album was written and recorded in FIVE days!! - each song done on the first take, no less - and it’s absolutely brilliant. Every song is outstanding. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: Every Song.
1. (3:45) Mid. Bass, drum intro very Bad Seeds-ish. Ominous gutar. Some very nice violent lyrics. 0:10 silence at end.
2. (2:19) Slow / Mid. Mellow piano, drums with tambourine, guitar, backing vocal. Ballad type blues, gospel, jazz.
3. (3:47) Mid. Plodding guitar, drums, piano, tambourine. Upbeat and hip.
4. (3:55) Mid. Almost a ’50’s r & b, but a bit, um, vocalist-cum-garagey thing? Quite alluring. Cool organ, crunchy guitar. Great lyric.
5. (4:29) Mid. Great guitar, great piano, perfect vocal delivery. Catchy and killer. Fuck yeah!
6. (3:39) Slow / Mid. Loungey type, vocalist styling with mellow guitar, drum, piano, backing vocal.
7. (3:26) Mid. Guitar and piano give it a bit of a psyche styling. Mellow, hip, cool.
8. (3:44) Mid / Fast. Upbeat, rockin’, bluesy. Great rolling piano, drums, sax.
9. (3:37) Mid. Choppy guitar, tambourine. Has a Lou Reed thing going on.
10. (3:22) Mid. Easy-going alt-country tune. Organ, drum, guitar. Very cool.
|1.||Curse||6.||The Last Song|
|2.||On The Corner||7.||Crescent Moon|