Experiencing The Deposit Of Faith
(Self - Released)
Reviewed by BravoMarco
A real gateway release into either - experimental - soulful jazz - ambient chill out – mellow loops & samples. US artist “Yves Tumor” – he’s performed under many monikers – including: Sean Bowie / Rahel Ali – he keeps you guessing in name & in musical output, this is not a release to easily define, although whatever you like, this will have something for you.
Sort of like: Ethernet, Majeure, Modal Plane
All very nice: Loving 3,4,10 & 12
FCC’s (Instrumentals-with spoken word / samples) On Track 4
1) Synecdoche (4.26) 15 seconds of almost silence, then a long quiet intro into lush droney looping waves – becomes louder, although never harsh. Long fade from 4.15
2) Ayxita, Wake Up (2.48) Repetitive upbeat whirly gig sound – Hushed vocals stand out – Mellow Liz Fraser-esque.
3) E.Eternal (4.48) Looped strumming with choral backing – Neo folkish.
4) *My Nose My Lips Your Head Shape (3.52) Spoken word start – “Arse & Shit” – Sincere voiced intro into an ambient chill out club track – Ibiza mornings watching the sunrise.
5) Anya’s Loop (1.57) Looped sample of a – “Summer Breeze” style track. Happy & full of sunshine.
6) Dry Guillotine (3.04) Percussion takes over, slow paced with a spacey shimmering accompaniment. (long fade)
7) AfricaAshes (2.29) Smooth mid tempo jazz funk sound from the 80’s. “Loose Ends”ish
8) Groan (4.24) Zappy frenzied looping mixing in with a barely audible angry spoken word sample.
9) Prosperity Awareness (4.40) Dense squelching intro blends into soulful vocals – then an intense static takes over with field recordings / fire works & a mellow sax leading us out.
10) Paigon Hunting (2.40) Jazzy moods take over, Applause samples with a looped jazz rooms, black turtleneck & shades wearing motif. Splendid.
11) Conflict Of Interest (2.56) Keith le Blanc style – percussion & voices sampled & chopped up.
12) Love Is The Law (4.24) Sultry & atmospheric. Slow paced piano with gritty textures.