|Real Life Rock & Roll Band / Hollerin' The Spirit|
|Album:||Hollerin' The Spirit||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Real Life Rock & Roll Band||Added:||02/2020|
|Add Date:||2020-02-19||Pull Date:||2020-04-22|
|1.||Wed, 19 Feb:||Your Imaginary Friend|
LOCAL(ish)! Finally, the debut album from the rock & roll band of distinguished Bay Area (or formerly Bay) experimentalists Andrew Weathers, Blaine Todd, Aaron Oppenheim, and Scott Siler. Infinite desert rock riffs, emo extremes, heavily manipulated hallucinatory vocals. From Bandcamp: "The group applies minimalist process music techniques to country-tinged dual guitar riffs." Heady in several ways at once, vital, spirit-boosting. RIYL Lift to Experience, Horse Lords, Mdou Moctar, Henry Flynt, Steve Reich, The Appleseed Cast. All songs great, try starting with 2, 3, 5. No FCCs detected.|
1. (9:12)—Long minor-key drone, before mid-tempo drone rock in 7/4. Vocals enter five minutes in.
2. *(5:36)—Mid-tempo lope. Synths. Sci-fi American Football zones. Gradual build, great solo. "Forgive yourself, move beyond."
3. *(9:17)—Fast, raucous, starts loud and heavy and rises from there. Long, fractured drone outro.
4. (6:30)—Terry Allen cover. Mid-tempo, minor-key crawl. The most laid-back song here.
5. *(10:32)—Mid-tempo, heavy, menacing. again in 7/4. Big finish, repeated shouting: "Rock & roll is alive!"
|1.||Cloud House of the Sundog||3.||EarthBound Phantoms Not Numerous|
|2.||Second Throne of the Nation's Millenium||4.||There Oughta Be a Law Against Sunny Southern California|
|5.||Singing the Freedom of Utopic Space|