|Amelia Courthouse / Ruby Glass|
|Add Date:||2020-02-12||Pull Date:||2020-04-15||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||16 Feb|
|1.||Wed, 19 Feb:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|2.||Sat, 15 Feb:||Hervey Okkles|
Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
Ambient-drone with psychedelic and neoclassical elements. Piano, warm synths, pastoral guitar, drone textures from various sources. Very gentle, understated, lo-fi, wistful but eschewing simple cinematic melancholy for something more subtle and mysterious. Debut album under this pseudonym by Leah Toth, by day a professor in modern literature. RIYL Saariselka (Marielle Jakobsons and Chuck Johnson), Talk West, Eluvium, Jax Deluca. Favorites: 1, 3, 5. No FCCs detected.|
1. *(6:31)—Very slow, distant, measured piano. Thin, gentle drone. Lap steel?
2. (3:46)—Multiple layers of chimes, more piano.
3. *(4:37)—A little darker, lap steel or related textures shadowing minor key piano.
4. (2:43)—High, tinny piano loop reminiscent of The Caretaker. Builds at the end.
5. *(17:48)—Water sounds. Soft, low guitar cycling between two chords. Synth drone, layers of soft, wordless vocals. Scrambled echoes of radio transmissions.
|1.||No Chimbo||3.||Hugh Kenner|