|Mills, Lisa / Tempered In Fire|
|Album:||Tempered In Fire||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-02-18||Pull Date:||2012-04-21|
|Week Ending:||22 Apr||15 Apr||26 Feb|
|1.||Fri, 20 Apr 12:||MC Dizzy Jackson|
The Songsmith Show
|3.||Thu, 23 Feb 12:||Sonny Sue|
Nathin' To Do
|2.||Fri, 13 Apr 12:||MC Dizzy Jackson|
The Songsmith Show
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Mills spent 3 years as singer with Big Brother And The Holding Company and her voice is soulful, sexy and sweet. Born in Mississippi, she now resides in England. This is a 2010 release and has elements of soul, r’n’r, country, blues, funk - great playing throughout. Mills voice is incredible!! The real deal. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: All of them.
1. (4:30) Slow / Mid. Sparse with guitar, drums, soulful, bluesy vocal delivery
2. (6:05) Mid. Funky blues with solid bass, horns, guitar. Killer.
3. (6:05) Slow / Mid. Sparse with guitar, bass, drums. Gets fuller, then sparse again. Great vocal - sweet then soaring. Bluesy, country stylings. Great stuff.
4. (2:44) Mid. Original r’n’r, rockabilly stylings. Bass drum, guitar. Yeah.
5. (5:33) Slow / Mid. Title track. Very quiet, gets a bit fuller. Jazzy drums, reverby guitar. Beautiful voice.
6. (3:45) Mid. Loud and rockin’. Big, driving drumbeat, backing vocals, killer bass.
7. (4:03) Slow / Mid. Dirge, ominous, very soulfully sung. Nice flugelhorn.
8. (3:25) Slow / Mid. Just reverb guitar and vocal. Wow!
9. (6:54) Mid / Fast. Song builds slowly, gets fuller toward end. Mills belts it out toward end!! Really rockin’, with country elements. Kick ass!!
10. (6:28) Slow / Mid. Nice percussion, gets rockin’, Mills voice soars.
|1.||Tennessee Tears||6.||Why Do I Still Love You?|
|2.||Keep On Smiling||7.||My Happy Song|
|3.||Blue Guitars Of Texas||8.||These Arms Of Mine|
|4.||I'll Never Fall In Love Again||9.||Countryside Of Life|
|5.||Tempered In Fire||10.||Someone Very Close|