|Balkan Beat Box / Give|
|Artist:||Balkan Beat Box||Added:||Feb 2012|
|Label:||National Geographic Music|
|Add Date:||2012-02-18||Pull Date:||2012-04-21||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Apr 22||Apr 15||Apr 8||Apr 1||Mar 25||Mar 18||Mar 11||Mar 4|
|1.||Nov 03, 2018:||Music Casserole |
Urge To Be Violent
|4.||Nov 29, 2013:||Killer Yellow |
No Man's Land, Money
|2.||Apr 25, 2015:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
Intro (Taste Of Where I'm From)
|5.||May 18, 2013:||Music Casserole |
What A Night
|3.||Dec 13, 2014:||Music Casserole |
Urge To Be Violent
|6.||Mar 09, 2013:||Music Casserole |
Enemy In Economy
Balkan Beat Box – Give|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 2/18/12
Dance/electronica/hip-hop with a hint of Balkan brass, as well as lots of other elements. Over time, they’ve definitely shifted emphasis from “Balkan” to “Beat Box” and gotten a lot more socio-political. Still hugely listenable, though. FCCs on Track 3.
1. 3:24 **scratching, slow and subdued hip-hop, turns into big swingy march with bit of brass band. Halfway through goes double-time, wiggly.
2. 4:14 ***upbeat electronica, syncopated trap drum and electronics. Nice horn bits.
3. 3:45 FCC: “political fuck” repeated in chorus. Woobles. Scratches. Hip-hop beat, scratch trumpet. Awesome sound, but total FCC violation…
4. 3:13 **high pitched chanting, plinky things, high-hat and tom. Slow beat with only bits of low-pitch electronics – odd, interesting sound.
5. 3:56 ***electronic squeeps and gronches, awesome syncopated swing, crazy sound, mostly high register.
6. 3:34 ***downtempo glitchy swingy beat, lots of interesting elements thrown in the mix. Fun.
7. 3:56 **acoustic guitar and rather odd vocal chorus, then very slow, sort of liquid groove. Interesting juxtaposition with the lyrics.
8. 3:36 ****bold intro, twangy spaghetti western guitar and electronic plinks. Downtempo but energetic, interesting spoken vocals. Most “Balkan” sounding horns on the record, good message. Nice.
9. 4:26 **uptempo syncopated electronics, sparse but interesting mix of sounds.
10. 4:23 **big slow electronic booms, woobles, air of foreboding. A bit naughty (“working hard to get you wet”).
11. 3:43 ****jolly brass, boom-bap, wiggly. Ironic lyrics – about when the frontman was detained as a terrorist.
12. 4:00 **slow slinky beat, sad guitar, big chorus, mysterious vibe.
|1.||Intro (Taste Of Where I'm From)||7.||Minimal|
|2.||Part Of The Glory||8.||Urge To Be Violent|
|3.||Political Fuck||9.||Look Like You|
|4.||Money||10.||What A Night|
|5.||Suki Muki||11.||Enemy In Economy|
|6.||Porno Clown||12.||No Man's Land|