|Artist:||Lopez, Rene||Added:||Feb 2012|
|Label:||National Geographic Music|
|Add Date:||2012-12-15||Pull Date:||2013-02-17|
|Week Ending:||Feb 17||Feb 10||Feb 3||Jan 13||Jan 6||Dec 30||Dec 23|
|1.||May 09, 2023:||Alien Hour
|4.||Feb 05, 2013:||Pumping Iron
|2.||Feb 15, 2013:||FOLKTRONICA
|5.||Feb 02, 2013:||New World Disorder
Shing-A-Ling Is What I Bring
|3.||Feb 09, 2013:||New World Disorder
L2 The Boogaloo
|6.||Jan 08, 2013:||We're All Alright
Reviewed by Sadie O., 12/11/12
“Electro Latin Soul” from NYC. Combines Latin beats and musical elements with electronics (obviously!) and lots of other elements as well. Tends toward humorous lyrics. Generally speaking, I like the music better than the words… No FCCs detected.
1. 3:11 **cute Ranchero intro, gets forcibly removed and turns into midtempo electrocumbia with interesting mix of sounds.
2. 3:10 **plinky little intro, uptempo hip wiggler, rap about rapping. Gets a nice fatty groove.
3. 3:12 *fast acoustic guitar, folky groove, humorous lyrics. Gratuitous cuica abuse!
4. 3:38 **slow, blatty cumbia, swingy, sweet and rather ironic singing. Ends with “party” sounds.
5. 4:27 ** downbeat dubby sound with melodica, all about meeting the devil for a drumming match…
6. 3:14 *fast rocenrol.
7. 4:00 ***midtempo with LOTS of Latin percussion, smooth rap.
8. 2:58 **nice uptempo cha cha, extremely upbeat lyrics. Latin pop.
9. 3:47 **large sound with Cubano piano and singing style. Swingy. Odd keyboard break.
10. 3:00 ***Little Latin Lupe Lu party vibe, falsetto soul vocals. Pretty fun.
11. 3:32 ****lounge mambo, terribly smooth spoken vocals. These lyrics are actually really funny!
|1.||E.L.S.||6.||Puerto Ricans In America|
|2.||I Flow||7.||L2 The Boogaloo|
|3.||Johnny Wants To Be A Matador||8.||Feeling Something Good|
|4.||Honey Got Some Love||9.||Everything We Do|
|5.||Fa La La De La La||10.||Shing-A-Ling Is What I Bring|