|Wyman's, Bill Rhythm Kings / Anyway The Wind Blows|
|Album:||Anyway The Wind Blows||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Wyman's, Bill Rhythm Kings||Added:||03/2012|
|Add Date:||2012-04-14||Pull Date:||2012-06-17|
|Week Ending:||29 Apr|
|1.||Apr 27, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Former Rolling Stones bassist for over 30 years, Wyman has fronted The Rhythm Kings now for more than 15 years. Part of a box set (#2 of 5) which features many styles including rock, blues, jazz, r’n’b, etc. About half originals, half covers with guests including Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler, Mick Taylor, George Harrison, Georgie Fame, Peter Frampton, etc. Strong stuff throughout. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14.
1. *(3:27) Mid. JJ Cale song. Upbeat, fun bluesy rock.
2. (3:38) Mid. The classic Dusty Springfield song, nice vocal, sax.
3. *(3:31) Fast. Upbeat jazzy and fun with female backing vocals and cool piano.
4. *(3:40) Mid. JB Lenoir song. Upbeat bluesy and swingin’, female lead vocal.
5. (2:59) MId. Willie Dixon song. Driving, harmonica, strong beat.
6. (3:08) Slow / Mid. Sultry jazz with slide guitar giving it a slight country feel.
7. (2:54) Mid. Soulful jazzy walk, great vocal, horns, organ.
8. *(2:52) Slow / Mid. Georgie Fame singing this Mose Allison classic. Great stuff.
9. *(3:22) Fast. Upbeat soulful, rockin’ blues. Killer piano, vocals, strong beat.
10. *(3:05) Mid. Easy-going walkin’ jazz with beautiful female vocal.
11. (4:04) Slow. Easy blues with nice guitar, organ.
12. *(3:09) Mid / Fast. Killer old timey upbeat jazz styling, frenzy piano, beat.
13. *(4:17) Mid. Lounge jazz with sultry, sexy female vocal, nice guitar, drums.
14. *(4;34) Mid. Upbeat struttin’ jazzy blues, driving and infectious.
15. (4:08) Mid / Fast. Rockin’ with plodding beat, harmonica.
16. (2:55) Mid. Barroom rocker, harmonizing, steady beat, harmonica.