|Bischoff, John / Audio Combine|
|Label:||New World Records|
|Add Date:||2013-02-16||Pull Date:||2013-04-21||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||14 Apr||7 Apr||17 Mar||10 Mar||24 Feb|
|1.||May 11, 2020:||Best Of Everything - hr1 Clapton TBS 5-12-18 - hr2 NWTS 2-18-13 |
|4.||Mar 11, 2013:||"no way to say" 0006 |
|2.||Apr 07, 2013:||Ambient post-baseball |
Surface Effect, Local Color
|5.||Mar 04, 2013:||"no way to say" 0005 |
|3.||Apr 02, 2013:||Pumping Tires |
|6.||Feb 21, 2013:||minimum entropy ii |
Bischoff, John/Audio Combine |
Label: New World Records
Reviewed by Giancarlo M
Minimalist electronic art music (with some acoustic sounds), has some musique concrete influences. Very sparse, relatively meandering, somewhat ominous at points.
Favorites – Audio Combine, Local Color
1. *(12:58) Audio Combine – Many background ambient sounds (metal ringing), sparse bell sounds throughout. Same general level throughout.
2. (12:36) Sidewalk Chatter – High pitched noises in the background, with sounds of acoustic bells. Playing with a lot of types of electronic noise throughout this.
3. *(11:48) Local Color – Many different types of bells, and the sounds of the resonance of bells. Playing with the beat frequencies of each bell, very interesting.
4. (11:53) Decay Trace – Sounds of bells at lower frequencies, with interspersed small percussive clicks.
5. (11:01) Surface Effect – “Synth” sounds, at very low frequencies with some distortion, become relatively chaotic with bell sounds, clicks and low frequency distorted tones.
|1.||Audio Combine||3.||Local Color|
|2.||Sidewalk Chatter||4.||Decay Trance|