|Ghost Tower / Head Of Night|
|Album:||Head Of Night||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Evil Coven Records|
|Add Date:||2012-03-31||Pull Date:||2012-06-02||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||29 Apr||22 Apr||15 Apr||1 Apr|
|1.||Apr 28, 2012:||Catharsis |
...Of Untimely Death, The Brooding Silence...
|3.||Apr 14, 2012:||Catharsis |
Secret Of Black Moss Lake, Ninth Tooth Of The Gravekeeper's Grin
|2.||Apr 21, 2012:||Catharsis |
An Elusive Encounter
|4.||Mar 31, 2012:||Catharsis |
Secret Of Black Moss Lake
Nebraska’s Ghost Tower has sent us a new self-released album continuing in their flawless heavy metal style, which combines Iron Maiden harmonies, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate neoclassical Halloween aesthetics, and hints of old-school doom and thrash. Songs full of energy and passion and countless badass riffs—the masterful guitars just don’t miss their mark anywhere, and they’re joined by soaring yet spooky vocals. Crisp demo-quality production makes it feel like you’re hearing it live in a graveyard on a dark and foggy night. Fans of late-night horror movie marathons may soil their undergarments when first hearing how awesome this is.|
No FCCs. My picks: 1, 2, 3…fuck it, all of them
1. (3:39) Two-handed neoclassical guitar shredding lets you know right away that they’re dead serious. Dark, galloping riffs are varied and exciting throughout.
2. (5:18) Crazy NWOBHM-influenced guitar harmonies (kinda reminds me of when Japanese bands go for that sound) with some absolutely asskicking thrash riffs, fast and slow and everywhere in between.
3. (2:17) Spooky classical guitar + tubular bells instrumental theme for an unmade horror movie
4. (5:11) Mercyful Fate + Slayer = holy shit those guitars! Triumphant, heroic guitar solos—virtuoso fretboard wizardry.
5. (5:57) Satanic riff salad with some heavy rockin’ Mercyful Fate + total apocalyptic thrash destruction (think Kreator, Exodus, etc.—it gets that fast!)
6. (5:17) Epic Maiden-esque harmonies gradually gallop into more graveyard harmonies.
7. (3:56) Instrumental, reminiscent of Dianno-era Maiden. Midpaced rocker with soaring, intricate lead guitar.
8. (5:38) Totally all over the place with tempo and harmony—evil, heavy musical witchcraft.
9. Outro. Distorted, haunting semi-ballad with echoing vox and pretty, slow arpeggios
|1.||Ninth Tooth Of The Gravekeeper's Grin||5.||House Of Wary Shadows|
|2.||Secret Of Black Moss Lake||6.||An Elusive Encounter|
|3.||The Brooding Silence...||7.||Scroll Of The Lunar Tribe|
|4.||...Of Untimely Death||8.||Island Of The All-Knowing Eyes|
|9.||Elegy Of Dreamtime|