Spanish folktronic musician who creates glitchy organic beats using physical instrumentation and programmed effects. Light and refreshing “toy-pop” landscapes to daydream too. I love it.
RIYL: Dim Dim, Dot Tape Dot, I Am Robot And Proud, Shugo Tokumaru, a very chill Pantha du Prince, Amon Tobin
*1. Lush ambient intro, shimmering percussion, rainfall, whispered lyrics. Tons of bips and boops and rather nice slide guitar.
2. Slow-building, buzzy effects, chill xylophone.
3. Jerky glitchy electronic. Minimalist structure. Pantha du Prince B-sides?
4. Lighthearted and childish with cute pipes and chipper xylophone.
5. Lullaby M/F vocals, ukulele, and slow xylophone
*6. Buzzy and pulsing with chopped vocal samples—almost dancey, Flying Lotus style.
*7. Upbeat and poppy with tinkly Aphex Twin electronics, guitar strumming, and crooned lyrics. Gorgeous.
8. Lazy free-floating ambient with gentle xylophone. Relaxing.
9. Boppy upbeat xylophone and tuba. Later strings enter the mix. Busy and dense.
*10. Dense and glitchy, almost like free jazz. Saturated with a ton of percussion, electronics and just a bit of vocals—reminds me of Amon Tobin’s stuff.
11. Acoustic guitar, woodblock percussion, and a poignant violin melody.