|Devin / Romancing|
|Label:||(No Label Information)|
|Add Date:||2014-06-27||Pull Date:||2014-08-29|
|Week Ending:||31 Aug||27 Jul||13 Jul||6 Jul|
|1.||Sun, 24 Aug 14:||Trish|
|4.||Sun, 06 Jul 14:||Zoe Morgan|
|2.||Sat, 26 Jul 14:||Eme O|
|5.||Sun, 29 Jun 14:||Zoe Morgan|
Cashews, Pistachios and rock
|3.||Sat, 12 Jul 14:||Scout and Skipper|
Pop/Rock. Debut LP from Brooklyn singer-songwriter Devin Therriault, (pronounced “theory-alt”). Guitar, Bass, Vox. Kind of a bratty-voiced singer (Joan Jett-adjacent), he wails, screams quite effectively and even busts out falsetto. Strong 50s/60s pop/rock sensibility. Recommend, would play again. Faves: 3,4,6,7 ~eme o.|
1. Masochist (3:05) Fast rock song. Opens with heavy fast drums, leads to a rollicking 50s-y beat, bratty greaser-sound (like Johnny Depp in “Crybaby.”) FCC: not positive, but I think I heard “fucking life”
2. Born To Cry (3:30) Another fast rock song, this one more 80s somehow. Handclaps.
3. New Horrors (4:20) Mid-tempo trending into fast. Somehow reminiscent of 60s girl group rhythm. Handclaps.
4. I Don’t Think I (4:06) Crescendoing entry. Mid to fast and loud (at the end). Handclaps. This bad boy is trying to steal your girlfriend. Ends with a request for a kiss accompanied by pounding drums.
5. I’m Not A Fool (3:43) Mid. Hip-sway/rocking beat. Soulful screaming. Panties will be tossed on stage.
6. In My Solitude (2:56) Two-step slow dance. 50s ballad-y.
7. Run (2:32) “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow” meets something by Jerry Lee Lewis plus modern sensibilities.
8. Forever Is Only A Moment (3:28) 50s rock-y. Like a sped-up “Grease” (or maybe Cheap Trick?) tune. Ends ~5 secs early.
9. I Died (3:19) Mid-tempo. Swaying rhythm. Another begging sort of sex/love song. “I was born when you let me go, now I ain’t trying to live no more.”
10. You’re Mine (2:53) Fast pop-punk, merged with “Rocky Horror Picture Show,” somehow.
11. Too Soon (2:48) Mid-fast. Hint of 70s/80s ‘classic rock’ sound.
12. White Leather (4:09) Slowish. Tambourine. Singer-songwriter vibe shines through the rock. The ending is pure (though not literal) sex.
|2.||Born To Cry||8.||Forever Is Only A Moment|
|3.||New Horrors||9.||I Died|
|4.||I Don't Think I||10.||You're Mine|
|5.||I'm Not A Fool||11.||Too Soon|
|6.||In My Solitude||12.||White Leather|