|Bibb, Eric / Deeper In The Well|
|Album:||Deeper In The Well||Collection:||Blues|
|Label:||Stony Plain Records|
|Add Date:||2012-05-05||Pull Date:||2012-07-08||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||8 Jul||24 Jun||17 Jun||10 Jun||20 May||13 May|
|1.||May 24, 2019:||Traditions - Bob Dylan's birthday |
The Times They Are A-Changin'
|4.||Jul 06, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|2.||Aug 24, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Dig A Little Deeper In The Well, Bayou Belle
|5.||Jun 22, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Aug 21, 2012:||That's Not Bluegrass |
Dig A Little Deeper In The Well
|6.||Jun 14, 2012:||The Sunset Life |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Long-time acoustic bluesman Bibb recorded this in Louisiana. Has a very rootsy, Americana sound with instrumentation of guitar, banjo, violin, harmonica, mandolin. Mostly originals with a couple covers, a couple traditionals. Solid throughout. No FCC’s. |
*My Favorites*: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12.
1. *(4:13) Mid. Stripped-down and ominous. Violin, guitar, harmonica, minimal drums, backing vocals. Killer.
2. (2:39) Slow / Mid. Slow-paced, sparse groover. Nice melding of violin and harmonica.
3. *(4:07) Mid / Fast. Upbeat porch tune. Cool banjo, spoons or bells, backing vocals.
4. (4:16) Mid. Fuller sound with violin and harmonica prominent.
5. *(3:26) Mid. Tuff version of classic ‘Boll Weevil’. Killer playing, strong vocal. Song ends with 0:30 then spoken intro, leading into next song.
6. *(4:53) Mid. Quieter vocal, ominous mood, killer harmonica, guitar.
7. *(3:48) Slow / Mid. Reflective lyrics. Nice guitar picking, slide work. Quiet and beautiful.
8. *(3:40) Mid. Upbeat, brushes on drums, heavenly strings, strong stuff.
9. (2:54) Mid / Fast. Upbeat. Chopped harmonica, banjo, guitar, strings. Cool.
10. (3:41) Mid. Sparse, nice guitar picking, nice harmonica.
11. *(4:38) Mid. Taj Mahal song. Guitar, bass, mandolin, magnetic beat. Nice version.
12. *(2:49) Mid. Quiet vocals, contemplative mood. Really beautiful.
13. (5:44) Slow / Mid. Bob Dylan classic. Quiet delivery, sparse instrumentation. Nice. Ends with 2:20, then at 2:00 a harmonica solo til end.