|Bibb, Eric / Deeper In The Well|
|Album:||Deeper In The Well||Collection:||Blues|
|Artist:||Bibb, Eric||Added:||Apr 2012|
|Label:||Stony Plain Records|
|Add Date:||2012-05-05||Pull Date:||2012-07-08||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||Jul 8||Jun 24||Jun 17||Jun 10||May 20||May 13|
|1.||Apr 07, 2022:||The Songsmith Show (rebroadcast from May 11, 2012) |
|4.||Jan 02, 2022:||The Songsmith Show (rebroadcast from May 11, 2012) |
|2.||Feb 22, 2022:||The Songsmith Show (rebroadcast from May 11, 2012) |
|5.||Jul 06, 2021:||The Songsmith Show (rebroadcast from May 11, 2012) |
|3.||Jan 19, 2022:||The Songsmith Show (rebroadcast from Jul 6, 2012) |
|6.||May 24, 2019:||Traditions - Bob Dylan's birthday |
The Times They Are A-Changin'
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Long-time acoustic bluesman Bibb recorded this in Louisiana. Has a very rootsy, Americana sound with instrumentation of guitar, banjo, violin, harmonica, mandolin. Mostly originals with a couple covers, a couple traditionals. Solid throughout. No FCC’s. |
*My Favorites*: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12.
1. *(4:13) Mid. Stripped-down and ominous. Violin, guitar, harmonica, minimal drums, backing vocals. Killer.
2. (2:39) Slow / Mid. Slow-paced, sparse groover. Nice melding of violin and harmonica.
3. *(4:07) Mid / Fast. Upbeat porch tune. Cool banjo, spoons or bells, backing vocals.
4. (4:16) Mid. Fuller sound with violin and harmonica prominent.
5. *(3:26) Mid. Tuff version of classic ‘Boll Weevil’. Killer playing, strong vocal. Song ends with 0:30 then spoken intro, leading into next song.
6. *(4:53) Mid. Quieter vocal, ominous mood, killer harmonica, guitar.
7. *(3:48) Slow / Mid. Reflective lyrics. Nice guitar picking, slide work. Quiet and beautiful.
8. *(3:40) Mid. Upbeat, brushes on drums, heavenly strings, strong stuff.
9. (2:54) Mid / Fast. Upbeat. Chopped harmonica, banjo, guitar, strings. Cool.
10. (3:41) Mid. Sparse, nice guitar picking, nice harmonica.
11. *(4:38) Mid. Taj Mahal song. Guitar, bass, mandolin, magnetic beat. Nice version.
12. *(2:49) Mid. Quiet vocals, contemplative mood. Really beautiful.
13. (5:44) Slow / Mid. Bob Dylan classic. Quiet delivery, sparse instrumentation. Nice. Ends with 2:20, then at 2:00 a harmonica solo til end.