|Haynes, Warren Band / Live At The Moody Theater|
|Album:||Live At The Moody Theater||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Haynes, Warren Band||Added:||04/2012|
|Add Date:||2012-06-02||Pull Date:||2012-08-05|
|Week Ending:||5 Aug||29 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||24 Jun||17 Jun||10 Jun|
|1.||Tue, 01 Mar 16:||Planned Obsolescence|
The Offbeat Generation
|4.||Fri, 27 Jul 12:||David Bug|
In Your Ear | Time Traveling without Francis
|2.||Tue, 31 Jul 12:||David Bug|
In Your Ear | Tuesday Morning Edition
|5.||Fri, 27 Jul 12:||David Bug|
In Your Ear | Fo, Where Are You!?
|3.||Fri, 27 Jul 12:||MC Dizzy Jackson|
The Songsmith Show
|6.||Fri, 13 Jul 12:||Ember|
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Founding member of Gov’t Mule, longtime Allman Brothers Band member, has also played with The Dickey Betts Band and The Dead, among many others. Recorded live in Austin, TX in 2011, Haynes showcases his guitarslinging alongside an impressive band w/ bass, drums, keys, horns, female singer on some. It’s southern rock meets blues meets jazz meets jammy goodness. Mostly originals w/ a few classic covers. Solid stuff. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 13, 15, 17, 19.
1. *(7:58) Mid. Funky, bluesy, rockin’ strut w/ wah-wah guitar, big drums, jam at end.
2. *(8:52) Mid. Easy-going but big w/ organ, hip bass, female backing vocals.
3. *(9:32) Mid. Big funk w/ horns, bass, killer guitar / sax conversation. Solid.
4. (5:57) Slow / Mid. Nice, mellow song, slow beat.
5. (11:33) Mid. Great keys, sax, bass, guitar leads. Jammy and hip.
6. (13:01) Mid. Steady beat, funky bass, funky organ, extended jamming w/ psyche phrase.
7. *(5:22) Mid. Bluesy and rockin’ w/ great sax, pounding drums, killer guitar.
8. *(6:54) Mid. Story-song w/ cool vibe, great keys, great vocal delivery.
9. (10:16) Mid. Feel-good song w/ killer extended guitar jam.
10. (6:20) Slow / Mid. Nice relationship song w/ backing vocals, swirling organ.
11. (6:34) Mid. Reggae vibe, cool bass, female vocals, piano solo, sax solo.
12. (11:55) Mid. Steely Dan classic ‘Pretzel Logic”. Faithful to the orig. w/ drum, piano, guitar solos. Rockin’ and jazzy.
13. *(7:06) Mid. Drivin’ and rockin’ w/ killer crunchy guitar, sax solo, funky bass & organ. Bleeds into next song.
14. (6:58) Mid. Sam Cooke classic ‘A Change Is Gonna Come’. Big sax start. Male & female vocals. NIce.
15. *(6:50) Mid. Hendrix’s ‘Spanish Castle Magic’. Psychedelic stuff w/ stops and starts, male & female vocals.
16. (3:06) Haynes intros band as they play.
17. *(8:49) Mid / Fast. Funky jam gets rockin’ w/ insane guitar & sax interplay, backing vocals.
18. (12:12) Slow / Mid. Heartfelt love song. Nice organ, nice guitar, slow steady beat.
19. *(8:57) Mid. Soulful stuff w/ male & female vocals. Killer.