|Dilloway, Aaron / Modern Jester|
|1.||Mar 02, 2019:||The Acupuncture Hour/Audio Ambrosia |
Labyrinths & Jokes
|4.||Apr 18, 2013:||The Sunset Life (Crescendo) |
|2.||Oct 31, 2013:||The Sunset Life (Halloween) |
Shatter All Organized Activities
|5.||Mar 07, 2013:||The Sunset Life |
|3.||May 24, 2013:||Catharsis Expanded |
|6.||Jan 24, 2013:||The Sunset Life |
AARON DILLOWAY! Legendary experimental/noise artist who runs Hanson Records and was formerly a guitarist and tape manipulator in the incomparable Wolf Eyes. A master of foundsounds and field recordings, he moved to Kathmandu, Nepal for a year to wander the streets with portable recorder, giving him several lifetimes worth of material to cut up and manipulate. Modern Jester, originally a double-LP is his masterpiece of tape manipulations, which took him over three years to complete. This is definitely some far-out difficult listening--its true genius only emerges after repeated listenings. For fans of Wolf Eyes, Nate Young, and C. Spencer Yeh, as well as enthusiasts of American Tapes, Chondritic Sound, and Hospital Productions. |
1. (2:27) Sputtering noise manipulations
2. (11:02) Tangled spazzy lines of keyboard arpeggios. Oddly beautiful.
3. (2:35) Slow, throbbing, lulling. Womb-core.
4. (18:55) 19 minute masterpiece true to its name “Body Chaos.” Starts mellow, but later turns violent and thrashing.
5. (18:16) Foggy horns, deep low-end rumblings. Incomprehensible blurred-out vocals. Ends in a noise wall. Could pass as a new Rangers tape.
6. (9:03) Power electronics—a ruthless metallic whirlwind. Sounds like blended lightsabers. You’ll see what I mean if you try it.
7. (4:23) Hard-hitting buzz with echoed vocal samples.
|2.||Eight Cut Scars (For Robert Turman)||5.||Look Over Your Shoulder|
|3.||Labyrinths & Jokes||6.||Shatter All Organized Activities|
|7.||After The Showers|